I don’t have the time (or resources) for a proper post today, so I will shower you with love inspiration This Week in Bulleted Highlights:
- Monday was fantastic and included checking out my bestie and her fiance’s new digs that’s only FOUR MILES from my house. Happiness ensued.
- On Tuesday, our weekly softball games and subsequent Herkimer patronizing was canceled due to monsoons a little bit of rain. I used this free night to successfully make vegetable manicotti for the first time ever without destroying the shells during the stuffing process. We consider this a WIN.
- Wednesday marked my last night in the financial planning class I’m taking with my parents. As a result of this class and the skillz I have mastered started applying, for the first time in my adult life a financial “emergency” did not require a loan from my parents. I did NOT have to ask my parents for help to fix my car when it expensively broke THE WEEK BEFORE MY VEGAS VACATION. I did however ask them for gas money last night because hello – my car broke and then I went to Vegas. My parents are rockstars. Hugs and kisses, Ma and Pops.
- After class, I caught up with Ash. She’s like, one of my oldest friends and by far one of the COOLEST people I know. She also keeps me updated on the drama that unfolds in her life, and I do my best to keep her sane and remind her that we are NOT the crazy people; we only gossip about them.
- Tonight? I have NO PLANS. Except I think I’m going to go hibernate somewhere where I can borrow a computer from someone since my iBook DIED this week. And then I cried. Visitation and burial services will be held this weekend. Details to be announced soon.
- Tomorrow? FINALLY attending my first Twins’ game of the season. I KNOW, I fail as a Twins fan, but I’ll make up for it by being the loudest and most enthusiastic one there. Or just by buying lots of beer and nachos.
- Weekend plans include: a haircut by the most awesome NattieP at Salon Intrigue (that’s my official plug for her; her experience includes fancy-pants NYC work, and she’s the most adorable hair-cutter you’ll ever encounter), some potential MUCH-NEEDED catch-up time with my girlfriends, and hopefully a round of golf hitting range balls on Sunday with my dad.
Crap. That last one was supposed to be a surprise. So… whatcha doin’ Sunday afternoon, Pops? Shall we golf? Awesome. See you then.
So that’s my week in bullets. I’d say it’s kicked ass thus far. Carry on.