Isn’t it strange the things we find ourselves apologizing for? I saw similar posts to this one on Amy’s and Lindsey’s blogs recently and decided to make my own list of things that I’m just not sorry for.
Sorry, I’m not Sorry but:
I can’t get enough of One Direction’s “What Makes You Beautiful.”
I saw them on SNL and was completely, totally, snooze-fest bored, but then the more I hear them on the radio, the more I find myself cranking up the volume and dancing my heart out. My high school, Backstreet Boys-loving self just re-connected with the glory that is boy bands. I hate the lyrics (honestly), but I love the groove.
While we’re talking about music, I’m also not sorry that…
I am into exactly all of the other songs that everyone else is into right now.
Gotye’s “Someone I Used to Know,” Of Monsters and Men’s “Little Talks,” and OMG I’m SO not sorry about Fun.’s “We Are Young,” because I think every single year (summer) should have an “anthem” song and I’m pretty sure this is 2012′s. Also, because Miranda and I had a crazy, martini-inspired karaoke kitchen night and sang it at least four times…, well, now it reminds me of my sister and I really, really love that.
Speaking of my sister (and her baby girl), I’m so not sorry that…
I’m totally enjoying having an excuse to make goofy faces and talk in silly voices.
A lot. Because I’ve been hanging around my she’ll-be-one-in-three-days niece and when she’s around, I can’t help but be completely ridiculous. Because she’s still small enough to fit into cabinets! And she makes cute faces! And! AH!
Oh, hey family. I’m sorry I’m not sorry, but…
I’d rather sit on the deck at my parents’ house or my sister’s house with a glass of wine and hours of conversation, than oh, well, just about anything else.
I’m also not the least bit sorry for:
- removing the Twitter apps from my phone
- loving the Draw Something app
- for thinking that David Beckham, Scott Speedman, and Justin Timberlake are all way (way) hotter than Ryan Gosling
- walking instead of running these last few days while my shin splints heal (owie)
- my unabashed love of things that shine and sparkle
- the fact that Girl Talk is my go-to music choice for all of the following situations: I’m working and I need to get pumped up, I’m working out and I need to get pumped up, it’s game night and we all need to get pumped up. Barney’s “Get Psyched Mix” might be all Bon Jovi all the time, but mine? Girl Talk, All Day. (Want to see a cool video about Barney getting psyched? Oh, it exists. You’re welcome.)
What should you just stop apologizing for already?