No intro needed, this is just a fun one. Here are 10 things I’m excited about and super into right this second:
- In less than 2 days, I leave to spend EIGHT days in Minnesota with my friends and family. I usually just go for a few days at a time and happily spend that entire time in the ‘burbs with my adult fam and the little bbs. This time, I’ve got time and space for catching up with some old friends and their families and that excites me.
- On that note, I’m planning for an entire week of living in jean shorts, tank tops, and swimsuits. Plus sitting on the deck(s) drinking wine and whiskey and doing some writing, plotting, watching, scheming, thinking, breathing, and listening. But mostly living in jean shorts and tank tops, watching the little ones run around, and toasting my sister while we kick back and work on our Irish tans (not getting burned).
- I officially graduate from IIN in 9 days. I can’t believe a year has already passed since I started on this journey, and I am so proud of all I’ve done in this last year.
- Sunflowers. I’m just really into them right now.
- I didn’t make it a totally *dry* June, but! I completely changed my habits around drinking, which meets and exceeds my true goals by a million. I haven’t had a hangover in over a month. I went nearly two full weeks with zero alcohol and then minimal after that. Major shift. Lots of thoughts on that, and I’m still processing and writing them out. I’ll share them in some format later. But I’m excited about how good it’s been on this side.
- I’m making some serious headway on a personal project I’ve had in mind for years — a small, personal, and fun collection of essays. I hope to publish it sometime early next year.
- I hosted my first workshop this last week at WDS and I have plans in the works for more in the future here in Portland. I had so much fun doing the first one and can’t wait to do it again.
- Bras that fit. No, seriously. I have like, two bras that I LOVE and I have worn them OUT over the past few years. I just got four new bras that fit and fit correctly and I swear to Aphrodite it’s the best thing ever.
- Mussels. Nothing in particular about them, I just cooked them at home tonight (in onions, bacon, garlic, white wine, cream, and a f*ton of butter) and they were really, really good.
- Did I mention I get to see the fam in just a couple of days? My parents, the Official All-Time World Champions of Kitchen Dancing; my sister, who is my favorite human being on the entire planet, hands down, forever no question; her husband, AKA my favorite person to beat at Clue; their four children (need I say more? nieces and nephews are The Actual Best) and in a rare appearance, my grandmother and aunt, neither of which I’ve seen in something like 5 years or better. Fam bam thank you sir.
Those are 10 things I’m stoked on right now, in this moment. Tell me one thing you’re into right now. Favorite song, upcoming plans, happy moment. What are you excited about right meow?